“It doesn’t take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men.”

Samuel Adams

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I have had enough of the whining and complaining about this blog and my answer to all who are doing so is for you to stop reading and at the very least to stop posting. I don't administer this blog for you to tell me that you are offended. We are all offended on a daily basis for one thing or another, sometimes on a national level and sometimes local.
This all started with the Hispanic taxpayer and I believe it was someone with a thin skin or someone trying to start something because I am willing to place a bet that the litterers on Water Street were not Hispanic but the only people who would know for sure would be the persons doing the littering.
No one except me knows the posts that I do delete.
To the person who wrote in on 12/31 @8:42 AM, you certainly could be considered a poster child and an example on how to write unfair, blatantly false and unfair comments and until you decided to tell us how you feel, the blog was serving its original purpose. And than as usual you act offended and did not even have the decency to sign your name, so I will call you a coward who likes to hide so people won't be able to know you by name like I do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the heck are you talking about

Peru Town Forum said...

Your questions will be answered under the heading of Another Contractor Arrives to Finish the Powerhouse .



There are evidently people who do not believe in free speech which can be either good or bad. I don't always like things people say but I certainly don't want big brother looking over my shoulder because it is at that point, that you will be headed toward limitations on whatever you say.

I thought that to be blamed because the sentence blogged by someone blamed litter on someone who does not speak English was going a step in the wrong direction. And in doing so I saw a very hateful side of a blogger who posts under anonymous. I won't remove the hateful post which is actually worse than the comments posted with no mean intent, I don't believe.

Anonymous said...

Just listened to one of the most recent videos of a council meeting. I personally feel that those put on this web sight were much better than those we paid for. It appears that the aldermen are talking to someone in the audience who has no microphone and therefore you cannot hear what is being said. Citizens have to fill out a 3x5 card and step up to the podium to speak or ask a question. So should anyone who is asked a question. And, the picture quality leaves something to be desired.

Anonymous said...

Lois - You do an excellent and thankless job and I know you want what's best for Peru.
Don't let anyone discourage you.

H. Tom said...

LOIS ,
I'm glad you choose and pick what you allow . I also wish everyone would sign their name , but some people wish to pick on those who don't spell or use caps. For this reason i understand why they don't . To those people all i can say is get a life and learn how to blog about the subject . I'm looking to a new year and a new council and mayor . Its time for the city of peru to move on with new ideas and new people .Thanks again Lois for this blog .