“It doesn’t take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men.”

Samuel Adams

Monday, April 04, 2011

Election Day is Just About Here

Tomorrow is the day of decision and I hope all of my blogging friends are ready to get to the polls tomorrow and vote. Make Democracy work here in Peru. If you read this blog, you probably are aware of my choices although I have not made a point of posting it and would rather hear why YOU are feeling the way you do about the candidates.

I live in the First Ward and believe our residents need a new voice that will speak for all of them and that has not been happening here in the last few years. Many have made me aware of that. Our household will vote for Mike Radtke. He will be a voice for this ward and as I tell my neighbors, he walked this entire ward and talked to as many people as he could and left messages for those who were not home. That alone says a lot about the kind of person he is. He has the education and work experience along with the desire to be a good alderman for the city and we look forward to his election.

4 comments:

Peru Town Forum said...

In the Second Ward, Mr Perez has shown more energy than I have ever seen in anyone running in a municipal election, he goes to council meetings, finance meetings and I bet most events taking place in the town.
Because this is an open seat, I have tried to avoid making any comments on the candidates but Mr Perez would be asset to the council without a doubt.
Third Ward I hope the residents will elect Mary Landsiedel, who would be the first woman to sit on the council since Gerry Ryan many years ago. Mary has prior experience in city government and is one very smart lady and would give diversity to our usual all male council and defnitely another point of view. She is not afraid to speak her mind and will be an independent voice but one willing to work with the rest of the council.
In the Fourth Ward, I support my fellow blog writer Steve Weberski who has constantly amazed me with his intelligence and knowledge of city government and city services and by that I mean the various departments of water and sewer, electric and roads. These are the areas where we definitely need a person with experience and knowledge and Steve has just that. Another asset to the city council.
These are my choices and I will not publish any comments that tell me how wrong I am.
It is now time for all of us to vote for who and what we believe in. Just remember to vote tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so much for being a fair Blog. I will vote for Jamey Mertel. he has also walked the ward and as the Alderman for the first ward he has worked very hard at making our city the best in the IV. I have already voted and have asked all the people in the ward to vote also. Good luck

Sissy said...

You are one smart Lady Lois! I would do the same, if I could vote in every ward. This is quite a slate of intelligence and know how, then we ever had before. Best of Luck!, Mike Radtke, Mary Landsield, and Steve Weberski. Sissy

Anonymous said...

Linda said = ditto for me Lois and Sissy. Has Mr. Mertel walked the ward prior to this election year?