“It doesn’t take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men.”

Samuel Adams

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Youth Who Smoked Potpourri Product: ‘I Thought I Was Going To Die’

Youth Who Smoked Potpourri Product: ‘I Thought I Was Going To Die’

And we thought "bath salts" were gone and everything was OK in Illinois. Not so, please read this changing scenerio and its dangers that still exist. I hope our Police Department is checking Smoke Shops and other known convenient stores and/or gas stations where this might be sold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was declared illegal in Illinois in January. I believe it's the same as "K2". Anything sold at gas stations or the smoke shops by the "gram" should bring up some red flags.

Peru Town Forum said...

I think what is happening is that the law banned one specific chemical and other synthetic ones are being used to create the same effect. I would like to be wrong on this. This is a section of the new law.

Quinn's signature makes Illinois the 11th state to ban the drug methylenedioxypyrovalerone, or MDPV, which has been sold legally over the counter at tobacco shops and convenience stores. Packaged as bath salts and labeled "not for human consumption," MDPV gives users a hallucinogenic high similar to methamphetamine or ecstasy.

Anonymous said...

BP right next to the police station has some small tins of strange smoking herbs!