“It doesn’t take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men.”

Samuel Adams

Friday, May 13, 2011

Condolences to the Family of Ald Joe Mikyska

Steve and I would like to express our condolences to the Mikyska family at his passing. I have known Joe for many years as we both frequently found ourselves at the same auction enjoying the search for our own particular treasures and even selling them on ebay if we were lucky Whether we agreed or disagreed on city matters, Joe was always polite and never carried a grudge, always a smile and a hello. Always soft spoken he expressed views as he saw them. Especially to his wife Claudia, I express my sincere sympathy. So many times at an auction Joe would look for some quilting items to bring home to you as he knew how much you enjoyed making quilts and especially appreciated how long it took to make them.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I too express my sympathies to the family. I would also like to express ,to those who did not frequent council meetings, how dedicated Mr. Mikyska was to his beloved city of Peru even when he was ill. He fought for and had passion for the things he believed in.