“It doesn’t take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men.”

Samuel Adams

Friday, September 17, 2010

Scarecrow entries deadline Sept. 23 - My Web Times

Scarecrow entries deadline Sept. 23 - My Web Times

When they are done and up, this might be fun to check out. I remember being in Eugene Oregon when they did a similar project with their famous ducks. (as in the University of Oregon). Only wish I had done photos, it was great and the ducks were then auctioned off.

I believe Princeton did a dog and cat theme last year in their downtown. Great community efforts.

If we are doing anything locally let me know and we will put it online.

This is just a post on the light side and hoping some of our downtown merchants might take a clue or perhaps some interested local organization.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they should man-up, and either not go, or pay their own way. Its nothing but a drinking, or shopping party for the women. I remember when a past chief of police, went, his wife used to tell us at coffee clatches, thats all they went for was the food.

Anonymous said...

Which chief of police are you referring to? I cannot remember any chief who was a scarecrow, duck or cat & dog.