“It doesn’t take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men.”

Samuel Adams

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Personal Note - Watch For the Deer!!

Coming home last night from Iowa City, we encountered a deer that stepped right in front of our moving car and he stopped us in our tracks and rendered our truck undriveable Evidently there are so many deer out that way that people in Davenport were killing them in town bows and arrows according to the tow truck driver. Do be careful at this time of year as an accident can happen so fast.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plural of deer is deer

Peru Town Forum said...

You are correct and I have made the correction. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and your husband are fine. We can't afford to lose, someone whom keeps up on important things in this area.. Whom keeps the honest truth. Thanks g

Anonymous said...

Lois & Bob, I am also glad you are fine. I'll second the 8:01 11/13 e-mail. Peru cannot lose anyone who keeps the honest....honest and exposes the dishonest.

Peru Town Forum said...

Thank you to 8:01AM and 12:35 PM for the kind considerations of our welfare. Caring people always make my day.

Anonymous said...

Lois,
Can you tell me when the leaves are going to be collected? My leaves along with the other residents in my neighborhood have been on my curb for 2 weeks. If they are not going to get them let us know before the leaves start killing the grass. Are there others having the same problem?

Peru Town Forum said...

The Nov. 11 veterans day holiday slowed down the pickup but I was reassured all is back on schedule. And yes ours are sill on the curb waiting for pickup.